OVID WORKS – METAMORPHOSIS
Metamorphosis is a first-person puzzle platforming adventure. Wake up as Gregor, turned into a tiny bug, and use your newfound abilities and nimble legs to uncover the truth behind your mysterious transformation.
You awaken one morning to discover that you have been transformed into a tiny bug. This is rather inconvenient, as your friend Joseph is being arrested for reasons unknown and he can’t recognize you like this.
To save Joseph and to find the answers you seek, you must embark on a perilous journey through a strange world which, like yourself, has turned twisted and unfamiliar.
What once seemed like mundane dwellings has become an expansive obstacle course, and you’ll have to leap, climb, and chart your path through the dingy nooks and crannies that exist within the cracks of civilization.
Metamorphosis is an extraordinary adventure through surrealist landscapes. Use your wits to unravel the truth and return to the life you once knew.
VARSAV Game Studios owns 22,5% of OVID Works Sp. z o.o.
MAIN FEATURES OF THE GAME
- First-person perspective from a bug makes you see the world in a whole new light.
- Challenging environmental puzzles that have you searching for clues, creating diversions, and overcoming obstacles.
- Rewarding exploration featuring unique movement mechanics that make full use of your tiny body and sticky limbs.
- Shoot liquids to create paths, wall climb, leap between vertical spaces, and use your overview vision to find your way.
- A surreal story inspired by the curious imagination of Franz Kafka.
- Eccentric, colorful characters spanning the world of both humans and insects.
- A hand painted world that adds a layer of the fantastical to even the grittiest environments
ABOUT OVID WORKS
“We’re a team of developers making story rich and immersive games for PC and consoles. Our passion is telling expressive stories through fun moment-to-moment gameplay.”
Developer: OVID WORKS
Publisher: All in! Games
Platforms: Steam, GOG.com, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
Release date: 12 Aug, 2020